Help Spread the Word
To highlight the growing need for awareness about cystic fibrosis (CF), the CF Foundation recognizes the month of May as National CF Awareness Month. During this time — and all year-round — volunteers and people with CF and their families unite to help shine a spotlight on what CF is and the progress being made toward a cure.
Consider these statistics:
- 30,000 children and adults have CF in the United States.
- More than 10 million Americans are symptomless carriers of the defective CF gene.
- About 1,000 new cases of cystic fibrosis are diagnosed each year.
What You Can Do
To raise awareness for CF, you can:
- Walk in Great Strides.
- More than 100,000 walkers will put their best foot forward this year at more than 600 sites nationwide. Register today.
- Be an advocate for people with cystic fibrosis.
- There are many federal and state issues that affect people with CF. You can help get our collective voice heard by contacting your elected representatives. Check out our "Take Action" advocacy page to read about the issues and learn how you can help.
- Spread awareness on social media.
- Facebook — CysticFibrosisFoundation
If you're not already a fan, become one today! Get the latest news about what's going on in the CF community and engage with more than 150,000 others.
- Twitter — @CF_Foundation
With 31 days in the month of May, think of all the awareness you can raise! Use the hashtag #CFAwarenessMonth in your tweets about CF. We'll be tweeting throughout the month, too, so don't forget to retweet us as well.
- Google+ — Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Follow the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and add us to your Google+ circle.
- YouTube — CysticFibrosisUSA
Watch and share our award-winning video, "Adding Tomorrows." Copy and paste the following link into your personal website, blog or even on your Facebook wall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHHOJJYA0U
back to top