In This Section
Find a Chapter
We are here for you.
CF is complicated. Getting the coverage you need to stay healthy shouldn’t be.
Today’s health care landscape can be hard to navigate. A growing number of people with CF are finding themselves facing difficult choices about their or their child’s health care — even postponing care and cutting back on medications — due to financial concerns.
The CF Foundation is dedicated to helping all people with CF get the coverage they need to keep their CF treatment on track and stay healthy.
We have created a network of resources to help you decide on coverage that's right for you, make the most of your existing health care coverage, or to find programs that can help you pay for treatment.
People with CF, families and care centers may contact the Patient Assistance Resource Center (PARC) at 1-888-315-4154 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. ET or by email at email@example.com.
Learn more about insurance options for people with CF.
- CF Patient Assistance Foundation (CFPAF) - The CFPAF helps people with CF afford the medications and devices they need to manage their disease.
- Social Security Project (SSP) - A CFPAF-sponsored program that helps people with cystic fibrosis apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits.
- CFF Case Management & Technical Assistance - A team of case managers that support CF care centers and people with CF to understand and navigate insurance, reimbursement and coverage issues.
- Patient Assistance Resource Library - An online database that provides documents, template letters and other tools for people with CF, caregivers and insurers.
- CF Legal Information Hotline - A resource sponsored by the CF Foundation that provides free information about the laws that protect the rights of individuals with CF.
- CFF Mutation Analysis Program (MAP) - A free and confidential genetic testing program for people with a confirmed diagnosis of cystic fibrosis to help make informed decisions about treatment options.
- Spanish-Language Materials - Information about the Patient Assistance Resource Center, and the services provided, have been translated into Spanish and are available as handouts.
- Advocacy and Public Policy - The CF Foundation represents the CF community at all levels of government to ensure that people with the disease have access to the care and treatment they need to help them live longer and healthier lives.
- CF Services Pharmacy - A full-service pharmacy that specializes in CF medications, patient advocacy and reimbursement support. The CF Services Pharmacy is jointly owned by the CF Foundation and Walgreens.
- CoverMyMeds - A free, automated tool to help health care providers expedite prior authorizations.
back to top