The Cystic Fibrosis Mutation Analysis Program (MAP) is a valuable program that provides free genotyping and follow-up testing as needed for people with cystic fibrosis.
The MAP is only available to patients with cystic fibrosis. Utilization of the program will help CF patients identify which CFTR mutation they have.
Once the patient’s mutation is identified, the patient and provider can make informed decisions about the appropriate treatment options.
Step-by-Step Process for Providers
Follow the simple step-by-step process to enroll your patient in the Mutation Analysis Program:
- Call 1-888-315-4154 for screening and to obtain the enrollment form.
- Complete the enrollment form.
- Fax or mail in the completed form.
- Once approved, an authorization number will be assigned.
- The enrollment form and authorization number will be sent back to the provider.
- Send the patient’s blood sample and the enrollment form to:
- DNA Diagnostic Lab
CMSC 10-106, Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
- The lab will analyze your patient’s blood sample and send test results as soon as they become available.
Call: 1-888-315-4154 and press option 2.
Send a fax: 877-792-3627
Send an email: MAP@cff.org
Send mail: Cystic Fibrosis Mutation Analysis Program
Attn: Ayesha Azam, Suite 200, 6931 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
back to top