The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation declares that its donors have the following rights:
back to top
- To be informed of the CF Foundation’s mission, of the way the CF Foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purpose.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the CF Foundation’s governing board and its executive officers, and to expect the board and executive management to exercise prudent judgment in their stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the CF Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured that their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the fullest extent provided by the law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the CF Foundation will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or employees. The CF Foundation does not hire outside paid solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.