As a team leader for Great Strides, you are instrumental in helping us add tomorrows for those with cystic fibrosis. Here are some tips for you to be successful. Also, be sure to check out our fundraising tips. They include ideas for raising money that are fun and enjoyable! You also can call your local CF Foundation chapter for one-on-one fundraising guidance.
back to top
- Set a Goal — Set a team fundraising goal. When setting your goal, consider that the average team raises $1,500.
- Recruit your fundraising walkers and encourage them to start an on-line fundraising campaign.
- Matching Gifts — Utilize your company's matching gifts program (if applicable). Ask your team members if their companies also match charitable donations.
- Spread Enthusiasm — Provide your team members with fundraising ideas and keep them motivated. Encourage team members to get their fundraising started early, and be enthusiastic when asking for money.
- Rally the Troops — Host a breakfast or lunch team rally to inspire co-workers about this worthwhile cause.
- Be Creative — Organize creative fundraising events. They are fun and easy, and will help team members meet their fundraising goals.
- Challenge — Initiate a challenge between departments or another company.
- Prizes — Develop creative incentive prizes for employees who exceed their goals, such as a day off with pay, or the ability to park in the president's parking spot for a month. Reward employees who raise the most money, or enter employees who raise more than $500 into a drawing for prizes.
- Publicize Incentives — Let all team members know about the incentive prizes, so they will be inspired to raise more money.
- Ask for Help! — Call your local CF Foundation chapter representative to get additional fundraising tips and ideas.