The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation recognizes the growing demand for physicians trained to address the unique endocrinologic needs of patients with cystic fibrosis and the need for a greater endocrine focus in the
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation will award up to $43,000 per year for three years for salary support (including fringe benefits) and travel for the awardee. Of the $43,000, up to $3,000 for travel may be requested each year for the awardee.
Travel funds will cover the annual North American CF Conference (NACFC) each fall. The first NACFC covered in this award will be October 31-November 2, 2019 in Nashville, and it will include a mandatory kick-off day for the EnVision CF program on October 30. The annual travel funding also includes support for a small group mentor meeting each spring.
An additional 8% for indirect costs may be requested. This award is for approximately 20% protected time for three years.
General Guidelines and Eligibility
- Applicants must be physicians trained in internal medicine or pediatrics with a subspecialty certification in endocrinology; or they must be physicians trained in reproductive health.
- Applicants must be an assistant professor at an academic institution associated with a Foundation-accredited care center or affiliate program.
- Applicants must be within six years of completion of post-graduate training at program onset.
- Training and endocrinologic care of patients must be coordinated through a Foundation-accredited care center or affiliate program.
- Centers may submit a maximum of two applications -- one from a pediatric physician and one from an internal medicine physician from the same institution.
Please see individual award policies and guidelines for additional guidelines and
Policies and Guidelines
Please review the Policies and Guidelines for complete submission information.
Application deadline: June 5, 2019
Applications must be submitted online at proposalCENTRAL by 5 p.m. ET.
For More Information
Those who are interested in any funding programs offered by the CF Foundation can get further information, or discuss the potential relevance of their studies or research by contacting the Grants and Contracts office at email@example.com.
Please Direct Inquiries to:
Grants and Contracts Office
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
4550 Montgomery Ave.
Suite 1100 N
Bethesda, MD 20814