We promote policies to help ensure that all people with cystic fibrosis have access to high-quality, specialized care and adequate, affordable health insurance. We also support policies that contribute to a health care system that best serves all people living with the disease.
Our Core Policy Principles
- Adequacy: Adequate health insurance covers therapies and care delivered by an accredited care team using the latest research, clinical guidelines and best practices.
- Affordability: Affordable health plans help ensure access to needed care in a timely manner from an experienced provider without undue financial burden.
- Availability: Available health coverage provides adequate benefits at an affordable cost regardless of an individual's income, employment, health status or geographic location.
- Transparency: Transparency around health care information can help ensure people with cystic fibrosis, clinicians and institutions have all available evidence when making important health decisions.
- Value: Increasing our understanding about the value of CF care can support the delivery of high-quality care and contribute to a sustainable health care system.