What is CF Peer Connect?
CF Peer Connect is a one-to-one peer support program for people with CF and their family members ages 16 and older. No matter what you’re going through, there is someone who has been through a similar experience for you to share, learn, and connect.
From CF-related challenges to managing day-to-day life, the CF Peer Connect team will match you with an adult with CF or a family member to provide a type of support that only someone with shared experiences can provide.
"So much effort goes into pairing you with someone you’ll connect with, and once you’re matched, the rest is up to you! I love how you get to decide how often you talk, the communication method, and how long the relationship goes. You can really make it whatever you want it to be." — Olivia, adult with CF
You can request a peer mentor to talk about topics that are important to you, including:
- CF transitions: advanced lung disease, cystic fibrosis-related diabetes, hospitalizations, modulators, new diagnosis, transplant
- Daily life: adulting, aging, daily routines, school, work
- Emotional wellness: bereavement, social isolation
- Family life: caregiving, parenting, relationships, starting a family
- Similarities: Age, gender identity, health status, race, sexual orientation
"CF Peer Connect has given me the opportunity to have meaningful conversations with other moms. We share the same worries, fears, hopes, and dreams for our children. I feel an immediate connection with them." — Brook, mother of a child with CF
After you request a connection, the CF Peer Connect team will match you with an adult with CF or a family member — parent, partner, or spouse — who has experience with the topics that matter most to you.
Complete a request form.
- Talk with a member of the CF Peer Connect team to share more about yourself.
- Receive a personalized match with someone who best fits your request.
- Connect over video, phone, email, or text — whatever schedule is best for you.
If you have any questions about CF Peer Connect, email firstname.lastname@example.org.