On Thursday, September 22, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation hosted experts from the Social Security Administration (SSA) for a discussion on disability benefits.
The webinar covered a number of topics including the application process for disability benefits and the recently expanded eligibility criteria. Experts from the SSA also responded to questions from the CF community.
Additional resources are available below:
- Applying for Disability Benefits
- Disability Benefits for Children
- Disability Listings and Medical Equivalence
- Reviewing Your Disability
- Working While Disabled
- New SSA Disability Criteria for CF (Adult Criteria: Pages 37148-37149, Pediatric Criteria: Page 37152)
For more information, visit the SSA website at http://www.ssa.gov/.
For assistance with social security benefits, people with CF and their families can contact Compass, the Foundation's resource center, at 844-266-7277 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.