The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation instituted the Quality Care Awards in 2008. Recipients are chosen by the CF Foundation Center Committee from the care centers visited during the previous spring. Centers that receive the honor excel at meeting the following quality improvement performance standards:
- Actively using clinical outcomes data to identify opportunities for improvement and documenting the results of improvement efforts
- Aligning efforts to result in measurable improvement in important clinical outcomes
- Consistently and actively involving patients and families in identifying, designing, or implementing improvement efforts
- Employing innovative strategies to improve care processes and outcomes
- Implementing system changes that result in high reliability of care processes
The 2019 Quality Care Awards recipients are:
- Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge (Pediatric Program), Park Ridge, Ill.
- Ochsner | LSU Health Sciences Center, (Pediatric and Adult Programs), Shreveport, La.
- Stony Brook Children's Hospital (Pediatric Program), Stony Brook, N.Y.
- Stony Brook Medicine (Adult Program), Stony Brook, N.Y.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Pediatric and Adult Programs), Chapel Hill, N.C.
- University of Michigan, Michigan Medicine (Pediatric Program), Ann Arbor, Mich.
- University of Vermont Children's Hospital (Pediatric Program), Burlington, Vt.
- University of Vermont Medical Center (Adult Program), Burlington, Vt.