The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation recognizes the growing demand for physicians trained to address the unique endocrine and reproductive health needs of cystic fibrosis patients and the corresponding need for clinical research in this domain.
The Foundation will award up to $54,000 per year for three years for salary support (including fringe benefits), travel, and registration for the awardee. Of the $54,000, up to $4,500 for travel and $500 for North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference (NACFC) registration may be requested each year for the awardee. Travel funds will cover the annual NACFC each fall as well as travel to a program meeting each spring. An additional 12% for indirect costs may be requested. This award is for 20% protected time for three years.
General Guidelines and Eligibility
- Previous recipients of the EnVision award are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates may be either U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or non-U.S. citizens. International applicants must have the ability to obtain the appropriate visas, as applicable.
- Applicants must be physicians trained in internal medicine or pediatrics with a subspecialty certification in endocrinology or must be a physician trained in reproductive health.
- Fellows may submit applications; however, funding will only be considered if they will hold a faculty-level appointment at the time of the award.
- Preferred applicants will be assistant professors or instructors at an academic institution associated with a Foundation-accredited CF care center or affiliate program at the time of the award start date. Early-career associate professors with a strong track record of academic work in the field of CF who would benefit from senior mentorship will be considered.
- Applicants should be within six years of completion of post-graduate training at program onset. Faculty further out from fellowship who are committed to a career focus change to include CF endocrinology will also be considered.
Please see individual award policies and guidelines for additional guidelines and eligibility criteria. Eligibility requirements vary by award type.
Policies and Guidelines
Please review the appropriate Policies and Guidelines for complete submission information.
Applications must be submitted online at awards.cff.org by 5 p.m. ET on February 15, 2023.
For More Information
Those who are interested in any funding programs offered by the CF Foundation can get further information, or discuss the potential relevance of their studies or research by contacting the Grants and Contracts Management and Administration Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Direct Inquiries to:
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
4550 Montgomery Ave.
Suite 1100 N
Bethesda, MD 20814