Hi friends! My name is Ginger Birnbaum and I have the honor of co-chairing the 2017 Volunteer Leadership Conference with Mike Beatty. We are excited to kick it off in Dallas on Friday, April 7. For the first time ever, registration for the conference is at capacity. If you can't make the trip to Dallas, no worries! We've got a spot waiting for you as part of the group who will attend the conference via live stream. The entire conference, including all of the breakout sessions will be live streamed so that everyone around the country can join us.
Sign up for the live stream here.
I got involved with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation when my little boy, King, was diagnosed at birth with CF. It was obvious to our family that the Foundation was the best place for us to plug in and make a long-term difference for King.
What didn't we expect? That it would be an amazing experience for the whole family including our little girl, Emma Virginia, who is a tremendous fundraiser and advocate for her brother. Of all the things that my husband and I do throughout the year, we wouldn't miss VLC for anything! We cherish this time to connect with the Foundation and the rest of our CF family.
Here are some tips to be sure that you have the best experience possible via the live stream!
- If you are a Facebook fanatic, be sure to join the VLC 2017 page for updates! You will be able to find information ranging from agenda times to follow-up info post conference.
- When you're watching the live stream, be sure to have someone else join you -- at least for parts of the conference. That way you can share what you learn and celebrate new advancements together!
- Science, science, science! We've got updates for you! Be sure that you take the time to jot down some notes and ask any questions that you have. Live stream viewers and conference attendees alike will be provided a platform to get all their most pressing questions answered. We even have breakout sessions focused on science this year -- and they will be live streamed. We don't want anyone to miss out!
- Are you looking for new ways to make a difference? There will be many opportunities to learn about all of the ways that you can do just that. Maybe you have solely focused on one platform for fundraising and this is the year that you want to expand your efforts? Maybe you have always heard about advocacy, but you don't really understand how to get involved? Attend a different breakout and learn some new things!
- This is so much better than a rock concert! You get to hear from the rock stars of the CF Foundation. The whole team will be there, and they are so excited to share their stories and passion with YOU. The entire executive team will be speaking!
We want this to be an amazing experience for everyone attending VLC this year, both in Dallas and via the live stream across the country. Make sure you throw on some cowboy boots and end your time attending VLC with a celebration!