To be considered for funding, the program or project should meet the following requirements:
- Follow Impact Grant program policies and guidelines
- Contribute to the mission of the CF Foundation and comply with relevant Foundation policies and guidelines, such as the Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines
- Benefit a significant number of individuals in the CF community or an underserved segment
- Provide an active and ongoing engagement opportunity for people with CF or their families
- Be an original idea or an ongoing program that has a measurable impact in the CF community (Program content does not need to focus directly on CF to be considered.)
- Have a description and general understanding of the necessary processes and resources needed to implement and disseminate the program
- Must not claim to give professional, medical, or clinical advice to people with CF
- Must not be dedicated to clinical or basic research, used solely to purchase equipment, or used for lobbying or fundraising activities
- Must agree to comply with all Community Grant Terms and Conditions after receiving funding
Please note: CF Foundation chapter groups or accredited CF care centers (e.g., parent or patient advisory councils, care centers, chapter or center-based support groups, etc.) are not eligible to apply. Other examples of ineligible programs include international programs; those that distribute medical treatment/equipment or support medical research; and those that provide direct financial payment to program participants.
Although all eligible proposals will be considered, the Foundation is especially interested in funding programs that support people of color, LGBTQIA+, and Spanish-speaking individuals.
Apply for an Impact Grant
The Impact Grant application period currently opens between January and April every year, but the team is available to talk with you about your idea at any time. Not sure if your program is eligible? Don’t have a fully baked idea yet? Reach out to us with your thoughts — along with your drive, passion and insights — and we can help to inform your program design and grant application.
Impact Grant applications undergo a competitive review process. All are assessed by a diverse group of adults with CF who understand the issues that the CF community is facing and make funding recommendations to the CF Foundation.
For additional information on Impact Grants, email firstname.lastname@example.org.