CF Foundation Compass is a service that helps people with cystic fibrosis, their families, and providers with navigating insurance options, connecting to legal information and experts, finding available financial resources, and addressing other life issues. Compass services are focused on people who reside in or will be traveling to the United States. The following will serve as the inclusion and exclusion policy for the Compass Resource Database. Compass does not request a fee for inclusion in this database. Compass reserves the right to refuse or discontinue any listings for agencies, sites, or services that have serious complaints lodged against them with Compass or any regulatory body.
Agencies that can be categorized in the following will be considered for inclusion in the Compass Resource Database:
- Non-profit agencies offering insurance, financial, legal, or other assistance service(s) to the general public
- Government (local, state, federal)
- For-Profit agencies providing no fee services offering insurance, financial, legal, or other assistance service(s) to the general public
Agencies offering services including but not limited to the below will be considered for inclusion in the Compass Resource Database:
- Agencies providing essential service(s) assistance
- Agencies providing emergency management service(s)
- Agencies providing referral services that maintain their own resource databases
- Agencies providing self-help, educational information, or support groups
- Professional associations providing public services
Agencies meeting the following criteria will be excluded from the Compass Resource Database:
- Agencies that deny service(s) based on color, race, sexual orientation, gender, religious belief, national origin, or ancestry
- Agencies that deny service(s) to individuals because of a CF diagnosis
- Agencies, sites, or services, that are unresponsive to update requests and whose information cannot be made current by other means
- Agencies that deny access to non-member individuals
- Agencies that engage in or promote fraudulent activities or activities that violate local, state, or federal laws or regulations
- Agencies that violate federal, state, or local laws or regulations
- Agencies that misrepresent their services in any way
- Agencies that engage in partisan political activities
Inclusion of an agency, site, or service does not represent or imply a determination or approval of the quality of those services; nor does it imply endorsement of those entities by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation or CF Foundation Compass. Exclusion from the database does not indicate disapproval. Compass reserves the right to remove or exclude any agencies, sites, or services against additional criteria deemed appropriate in the future. Exceptions to this policy may be made at the discretion of Compass during times of disaster.
Any agency, site, or program may appeal an inclusion or exclusion decision by submitting a written appeal via email.
This policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it continues to address the changing needs of the CF community. For questions, contact Compass at 844-COMPASS (266-7277) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.