How Compass Can Help
Compass can help you navigate challenges so you can focus on what is important to you. We have helped thousands of people with CF and their families deal with all kinds of issues. If you are dealing with a problem, we've likely heard it before and can work with you to find solutions.
Our team of case managers strive to provide excellent service to anyone living with CF or their loved ones, regardless of income or insurance status, and the service we provide is completely free and confidential. We listen closely, explain thoroughly, and work through issues from start to finish.
- Help you understand your insurance options by providing a side-by-side comparison of available plans during open enrollment or special enrollment periods so you can make a well-informed decision about your coverage
- Look into what your insurance plan covers and how much visits, services, and medications will cost
- Troubleshoot whatever insurance challenges you are facing
- Refer you to financial assistance programs and resources that you may be eligible for to help with the cost of medications, treatment, and other living expenses
- Get answers to legal questions about the laws that protect your rights as a person with CF, particularly in the areas of employment, education, and disability benefits
- Plan for a transplant, such as verifying coverage for the procedure and treatments, looking for temporary lodging near a transplant center, and looking for transplant grants
- Share other tools and resources
While the Compass team can help you with many of life's challenges, there may be instances where we have to decline assistance for certain topics outside of our scope of services. For example:
- We do not provide clinical information. The best source for this is your care team.
- We do not provide mental health counseling. We can, however, help you find counselors in your community.
- We do not give out money. We can connect you with organizations that may be able to provide financial or other assistance.
- We do not provide legal advice. We can refer you to resources that provide legal information or assistance.
- We do not recommend specific for-profit businesses, products, or services.
- If you are in need of assistance, but do not have cystic fibrosis, or are not caring for a person with cystic fibrosis, we may not be able to assist you
- If you reside outside of the U.S., our expertise is focused on navigating the U.S. healthcare system and financial resources available to U.S. residents, so our scope of assistance to you may be limited
Please note, this list is not comprehensive. The best way to find out if Compass can help you is to connect with a Compass team member today.
Compass Case Managers
Compass case managers are caring and knowledgeable patient advocates specialized in helping you navigate CF-related issues. The team is trained and certified in making referrals to community organizations' programs and vetting information about their programs and services.
Hours of Operation
Our regular hours of operation are Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. ET and Friday, 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. ET. Compass is closed during the following times so that case managers can spend time with their families:
- Friday, Jan. 1
- Monday, Jan. 18
- Monday, Feb. 15
- Monday, May 31
- Friday, July 2 and Monday, July 5
- Monday, Sept. 6
- Monday, Nov. 22 through Friday, Nov. 26
- Thursday, Dec. 23 and Friday, Dec. 24
- Friday, Dec. 31
Connect with Compass
Get help by calling 844-COMPASS (844-266-7277) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are over 18 or a parent/legal guardian and are a US resident, you can also start the process online. The form takes 10-15 minutes to complete and a case manager will respond in 3-5 days.
- First-time users: Create a new account. A confirmation email will be sent to complete your account creation.
- Previous users: Log in with your username and password.
Once logged in, submit a new request by clicking on the Compass icon. You may need to have available your insurance card, provider information, and list of medications and devices, including name, dosage and frequency.